Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Sunshine

It's a beautiful sunny, crisp day here in the Willamette Valley. This is a lovely change from the gray, downpours we had yesterday. The dogs ran like crazy when I let them out this morning.

Today's a work at home day for me. I have an Ebay store which I'll work on for awhile then plan to focus on my writing. Unfortunately my attention span is very short today. I've already distracted myself by clearing a corner of my desk. I'm a stacker and when I can't see the top of the desk I know it's time to start cleaning.

Sorting through the stacks of paperwork I realize how many recipes I've copied off of the internet and Facebook. I've found a Cranberry Sauce with Pears recipe that sounds great for Thanksgiving.

Cranberry Sauce with Pears
by Woman's Day Kitchen

Ingredients
1 pound cranberries, thawed, if frozen
1 pear, peeled and cut into 1/4" pieces
2 teaspoons grated orange zest
2/3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup apple cider or juice

Directions
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, pear, orange zest, and sugar; stir in the apple cider.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries bust and the sauce thickens, 15 to 20 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment